Hartbeespoort Bee Removal
Will do honey bee and wasp removal around the dam , Schoemansville , Melody , Ifafi , Meerhof , Broederstroom , Skeerpoort , Cosmos .
Offer solutions to schools with bee problems , cool drink cans .
Facts: Did you know...
· A honeybee has to travel over 88,000 km and visits approx. 2 million flowers to make 1/2 kg of honey.
· A honeybee can fly approximately 24 km per hour.
· Honeybees are the only insect that produces food for humans.
· Honey is the ONLY food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life, including water.
· A typical beehive makes more than 180 kg of honey per year
· Approximately 7 kg of honey are consumed by bees to produce 1 kg of beeswax.
· Honeybees are a great scientific mystery because they have remained unchanged for 20 million years even though the world has changed around them.
· Honeybees will usually travel approximately 5 km from their hive.
· A single honeybee will only produce approximately 1/12 teaspoon of honey in her lifetime.
· A honeybee will flap its wings about 11,400 times per minute creating the "buzz" that you hear.
· Honeybees are the only bees that die after they sting.
· Honeybees are entirely herbivorous when they forage for nectar and pollen, but can cannibalize their own brood when stressed.
· Honey speeds the healing process and combats infections.
· Honey never spoils.
· It would take about 1 ounce of honey to fuel a honeybee's flight around the world.
· Honeybee colonies have unique odors that members flash like ID cards at the hive's front door, so the guard bees can recognize the entering bees.
· Honeybees are responsible for approx. 80% of all fruit, vegetable and seed crops in the world.
· When honeybees fly they build up static on the fine hairs on their bodies, when they land on a flower pollen jumps onto their bodies.
· A mature honey bee colony contains 20,000 to 100,000 bees, depending on the season. The population will peak from late spring to summer and reach a low point in winter.
· Honey bees will defend themselves or their colony if threatened. Avoid disturbing a bee colony unless you are fully protected. If you encounter bees that are flying and appear to be out of control, simply walk away slowly without swatting at the bees. Swatting the bees only irritates them more. If you find yourself being attacked by bees, cover your head with your shirt and run quickly through dense vegetation or seek shelter in a vehicle or building.
Bees kill man in Centurion 12/11/2008 22:15 - (SA)
Johannesburg - A man was killed when a swarm of bees he had been called to remove from a house in Centurion descended on him on Wednesday night, paramedics said. "Although he was wearing protective clothing, the bees somehow managed to get into the suit and sting him. It is believed he removed his gloves at some stage during the attack, giving the bees more access to open areas and to sting," spokesperson Mike Stokoe said. Paramedics called to the scene found it difficult to help the man in time as the bees were "extremely aggressive", making it difficult for them to get closer. "A doctor at the scene was stung when she tried in vain to get closer... there was unfortunately nothing that could be done for the victim after the aggressive attack and he was declared dead on the scene by paramedics," Stokoe said. He advised people to avoid disturbing swarms of bees or beehives and to rather call professionals to remove unwanted bees or hives.